Saturday, January 17, 2009

R4-III Upgrade Revolution Revision

You might know an R4DS Card is a DS cartridge that has a slot for a MicroSD card, where you can put music, videos, and (only) Nintendo DS roms into, and it's cheaper.
Well just 6 days ago, 9th of January on a Sunday I believe, I ordered my very own R4DS card from an untrust-worthy website called http://www.royalds.net, now, I ordered the titled card that is mentioned in this blog with a 4gb micro SD card, just to find out a few videos later in Youtube that the ORIGINAL and LEGITIMATE R4DS cards only support 2gb, and that the R4-III was indeed fake, or a remake as I would call it. I froze and then angered myself into worries, since I know nothing of how to return an item purchased from a second-hand company that makes little or no effort to even make their website look legitimate, and/or work since the files I needed to run the whole chebang were unavailable, I was angry with a reason. Compare yourself.

Original R4DS Website
http://www.r4ds.cn/

R4-III Update..blah website
http://r4dsl.net/

"Anti-fake"? Really? Well that is just sad I fell for it, HOWEVER, I got my R4DS in the mail today, they were right at the shipping that stated to be delivered between 5-8 business days. As with the original and the fake, you have to load four files that are the main overwrite to the whole DS scrips and stuff, the ones missing from the fake website as stated above. The thing is, those files from the ORIGINAL R4DS cannot be used on the fake R4-III, basically it won't load hell. I did a little bit of research and found a website where they have those files(named kernels or something), where you can download and put them in the MicroSD card, and it will work properly with the fake. Here is the link.

http://www.r4iii.com/download.html

Point is, I like it, it works perfectly fine, games run smoothly, and I have had no problems whatsoever. Another thing is the support for 4gb, yea right now I have probably 35 games, about 50-70 songs, and I still have like 1.5gb free, so I am happy. Was it worth it? yea. Will it have problems, well only time will tell, and I'll tell you, even if it's too late.
:P
Any questions or comments just ask. Aight.

1 comment:

Hedrus said...

You are a LIVESAVER!!! I thought I got totally ripped off with the same R4 III Upgrade from RoyalDS. The files you sent the link to worked like a charm and now I am enjoying Colors for my DS. I am an artist and have wanted Colors for so long. I was heartbroken when My R4 wouldn't work. Thanks so much!!!

Kenzie